Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Thursday, September 06, 2012

Freeing Yourself to Share the Gospel

     The countdown for the Presidential election of the United States is upon us. By seeking God, I have heard him tell me to remain neutral. Of course, I'm not neutral in my leanings if I totally operated from my natural mind. But I don't. I have been born of the Spirit, and now have the mind of Christ.
     How could you be neutral, many sincere Christians would say? This, many believe, is the election that will make or break our nation. I am neutral because I am a part of a "holy nation. I am a peculiar people. I am an alien, looking for a city whose kingdom is God's." This nation includes all the people of the world who not only call themselves His, but who desire to walk in His ways all the days of their lives, as they know they have been bought with a price."
     When others who don't hold my natural political beliefs find out that I am "apolitical", they cannot put me in a box. I am free then to share the love and Gospel of Jesus Christ with them, as the Spirit  leads. If I am identified only by my political beliefs and/or party, then I am choosing to put that first over my identifying with my citizenship in another kingdom. It is more important to me to have an opened door to be able to share Jesus Christ with them, then to be judged by my natural beliefs, and have the opposing person be closed to what the Holy Spirit might have me share with them because of who they think I am by my political stance.
     Jesus calls us to come up higher, and to live in the kingdom of God while on earth; to set our eyes in heavenly places instead of being so earthly minded.
      Whoever gets elected won't be our Prince of Peace anyway. He will split the Eastern sky one day and save the day! My Word tells me things will get worse and worse as time goes on. We might as well be about His business until He returns, so we won't be ashamed at His appearing!!!
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home