Great and Unsearchable Things

Things the Lord gives me, and then I write them.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Walking a Fine Line

     When people continue to live a life of "immediate gratification" it WILL result in consequences that will harm, cause pain, and even destroy, not only the one making the decisions but also those around them.

     "If you sow to the flesh, you will of the flesh reap destruction." The only way out of this dilemma is to realize your sin, (and, I believe feel sorry for it)  confess it, and fall on the grace of God. I've noticed lately that it appears that many people, tend to justify their sin even though they are currently reaping the harmful effects of that sin. They either justify it, blame others, or try to minimalize it. I have a hard time praying for these people, because I don't know what to pray.

     I know that I fall into temptation, and that I do succumb to it at times, and I really feel bad about it. I am sorry. I am guilty, and I need God's forgiveness. But, to continue to do the same thing time and time again, day in and day out,  and then to just take for granted God's grace, is a fearful thing to me. I don't know how to respond to people in my life, who do that.

Oh Lord, help those of us who call ourselves yours, walk in the Spirit so we should not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. And help those who do keep sowing to the flesh, to hear your voice and obey your will. Do what only you can do in them, God.

P.S.-Well, I guess I just did pray for them.(It was the Spirit praying through me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home